|Job Title:||Learning and Development Worker|
|Management Structure:||Reports to: Project Manager|
|Location:||Based at: West Norwood|
|Hours per week:||37.5 per week (excluding meal breaks). To be worked flexibly but normally between the hours of 9.00am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday.|
First Step Trust (FST) is a charity that provides work experience, training and employment opportunities for people excluded from working life because of mental health problems or other disadvantages (workforce members).
Our approach is about giving workforce members the chance to overcome some of the difficulties facing them by getting them involved as colleagues. We provide ‘on the job’ training, advice and support to enable each person to improve their basic skills and knowledge of the trade. This will include supporting workforce members to gain recognised qualifications and access to work placements with our customers and other organisations.
The job role involves working with and developing people with a variety of disadvantages to finding and sustaining employment and treating them as work colleagues. Work placements are within our social enterprises; SMaRT garage services and Abbevilles restaurant. We have real work expectations on all those that attend for training and personal development.
The role is required to recruit and promote FST to potential workforce members and service providers and in addition to providing work opportunities, deliver training courses to people with common mental health problems living in the borough of Lambeth.
- Networking with other services in the area to raise awareness about FST, promoting work placements and training courses as well as promoting the business services. This will involve attending Lambeth events, a monthly breakfast meeting with the Lambeth Living Well Collaborative and team meetings.
- Recruitment and development of potential workforce members – being proactive in following up on enquires regarding work placements, interviewing potential workforce for work placements at West Norwood office and SMaRT garage services as well as for placements for Abbevilles restaurant.
- Office duties – working with workforce members as colleagues ensuring that daily tasks are completed in a timely fashion.
- Training – delivering a variety of courses both in house and recognised qualifications to people with common mental health problems.
- Monitoring and reporting – complete, manage and provide regular, accurate, appropriate and timely reports to agreed deadlines in order to monitor progress.
- To work in accordance within the limits and parameters as set out in FST’s policies and procedures, by the Board, Chief Executive, Deputy Chief Executive and other senior managers.
- Perform other tasks as reasonably required according to the needs of the project and FST.
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience of producing, planning and delivery of training (both informal and formal) within a workplace environment.
- Experience of working within a commercial environment.
- Experience of managing, recording and monitoring learning progression.
- Experience of working independently, planning and prioritising own workload.
- Current full driving licence would be preferable, but not essential.
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to effectively promote FST to referral agencies.
- Ability to motivate, support and enable people to develop.
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills, written and spoken.
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Excel, email and Internet Explorer.
- Commitment to opposing discrimination and actively promoting equality of opportunity.
- Understanding and commitment to the values, principles and approach of First Step Trust.
- Commitment to Health & Safety at work.
To apply for this job please download and complete the job application pack here: Application Pack
Any problems accessing the application pack please contact Katie Ryan at email@example.com