Employment Development Worker (EDW)
Salary £22,000 to £24,000pa (full time post)
First Step Trust wishes to employ an EDW based at our main office/SMaRT Garage services in Woolwich, SE18.
Working with and developing people with a variety of disadvantages to help with finding and sustaining employment and treating them as work colleagues. To recruit and promote FST to potential workforce members and service providers.
The ideal candidate will have experience of face to face customer service in an employment advice/support related post and can demonstrate their ability to establish networks of contacts, facilitate work placements and support their development to access employment opportunities.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 5th June 2019
First Step Trust is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Charity Registration No. 1077 959
|Job Title:||Employment Development Worker (EDW).|
|Management Structure:||Reports to: Deputy CEO|
|Location:||Based at FST Main Office, Woolwich, London SE18|
|Hours per week:||40 hours|
First Step Trust (FST) is a charity that provides work experience, training and employment opportunities for people excluded from working life because of mental health problems or other disadvantages (workforce members).
Our approach is about giving workforce members the chance to overcome some of the difficulties facing them by getting them involved as colleagues. We provide ‘on the job’ training, advice and support to enable each person to improve their basic skills and knowledge of the various work undertaken. This will include supporting workforce members to gain recognised qualifications and access to work placements with our customers and other organisations.
The main objective of this post is to enable people with mental health difficulties and other disadvantages (workforce members) to engage with and access open employment. The EDW will achieve this by taking responsibility for the recruitment of people to the project, overseeing their development whilst at the project and supporting them move on to employment or further training.
- To publicise the project by establishing contacts with local referral agencies in order to increase workforce recruitment and retention
- To maintain existing relationships and contracts to provide work placements within our project/social enterprises.
- To publicise the project by establishing contacts with local referral agencies in order to increase workforce recruitment and retention.
- To provide clear information about what FST has to offer to potential workforce members in order to ensure they are clear and what they can hope to achieve during their time with us.
- To ensure that each workforce member’s Personal Development Plan is regularly reviewed and that workforce members are assisted to achieve their employment goals. This will also involve liaising and working collaboratively with other managers and team members based at the main office/garage.
- To organise and run a weekly job club, providing advice and guidance on all aspects of moving on into employment in a group setting.
- To provide regular, accurate, appropriate and timely reports to agreed deadlines in order to monitor progress.
- To work in accordance within the limits and parameters as set out in First Step Trust’s policies and procedures, by the Board, Chief Executive, Deputy Chief Executive and other senior managers.
- Perform other tasks as reasonably required according to the needs of the project and First Step Trust.
Qualifications and Experience
Experience of face to face customer service in an employment advice/support related post.
Experience of creating, managing and monitoring development processes and recording systems.
Experience of working independently, planning and prioritising own workload.
Current full driving licence.
Knowledge and Skills
Ability to effectively promote FST to referral agencies.
Ability to motivate, support and enable people to develop.
Ability to work as part of a team in order to achieve overall objectives and goals.
Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills.
Excellent communication skills, written and spoken.
Excellent organisational and administrative skills.
Good knowledge of MS Word, Excel, email, Internet Explorer and Social Media.
Commitment to opposing discrimination and actively promoting equality of opportunity.
Understanding and commitment to the values, principles and approach of First Step Trust.
Commitment to Health & Safety at work.