FST Salford offers patients at the Edenfield Centre the opportunity to get involved in a small, not for profit business operating within the hospital. Workforce with external leave are also able to attend placements at FST’s SMaRT Garage Services, an MOT and garage service centre in Salford.
We have work placements in painting and decorating, retail, car valeting and admin. Patients work alongside non-clinical staff to deliver these business services. Each individual has a personal development plan which helps them to establish their employment goals, identifies skills gaps and review progress.
To find out more call us on 0161 772 3961 or send us an email using our Contact form.
FST Salford placements provide:
- practical on-the-job experience;
- personal development plan;
- new work-related skills;
- nationally-recognised qualifications;
- an opportunity to become part of a team;
- work experience; and
- an employer’s reference.
- BSC Level 1 & 2 Certificate in Health and Safety in the Workplace
- CIEH Level 2 Certificate in Health and Safety in the Workplace
- CIEH Level 2 Certificates in Principles of Manual Handling, COSHH and Risk Assessment
- NVQ Level 2 in Painting & Decorating
FST Salford can also support workforce members achieve higher levels of qualifications where appropriate.
Our Funders & Supporters
FST would like to thank our funders, Greater Manchester West Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust, as well as the management and staff at the Edenfield Centre, for their support.
It was a great pleasure to see the excellent work that FST is doing. I really enjoyed my visit and meeting the patients who obviously benefit from your work. It was so good to see people gaining confidence and skills which will place them closer to work.