FST’s social enterprise SMaRT Venue Coffee, in Sharrow, Sheffield, offers work placements for people wanting to get back into work.
Call us now on 0114 281 2981 to find out more or to arrange a visit. Or send us an email using our Contact form.
SMaRT Venue has opportunities in: food preparation, customer service, kitchen portering, cleaning and facilities management and office administration.
What’s It Like?
To give you the best chance of building up meaningful experience for your CV, we will agree with you a key role to take on. Just like any other café or restaurant, SMaRT Venue workforce sign up to work a number of shifts – you can start small then increase when you feel ready. Our placements provide:
- up to 12 months of structured work experience in a commercial business;
- new work-related skills;
- nationally-recognised qualifications;
- personal development;
- practical feedback focused on helping you move closer to employment; and
- an employer’s reference.
Depending on which area you are working in, you could be:
- serving customers, working as a barista and making hot drinks;
- making sandwiches and salads;
- keeping the kitchen clean, handling deliveries; or
- keeping our records up to date, helping with marketing campaigns.
If you have been out of work because of mental health issues, physical disability, learning disability or other disadvantages, you can sign up for a work placement with FST. The only thing we ask is that you want to work. Call us now on 0114 281 2981 or send an email using our Contact form.
Our Funders & Supporters
FST would like to thank NHS Sheffield as well as all its SMaRT Venue Coffee customers, for their ongoing support.
FST’s role in enabling people to become more employable through building skills and confidence in a real work environment, make it a valuable part of personal and economic recovery.